The modular controller for system solutions in the manufacturing industry
A graded CPU range with a wide performance range is available for configuring the controller.
The product range comprises 7 standard CPUs, 6 compact CPUs, 6 fail-safe CPUs and 2 technology CPUs. The CPUs are available from a width of only 40mm.
- Thanks to their high processing speed, the CPUs enable short machine cycle times.
- The S7-300’s range of CPUs provides the right solution for every application, and customers only pay for the performance actually required for a specific tasks.
- The S7-300 can be set up in a modular configuration without the need for slot rules for I/O modules
- Integral PROFINET interfaces enable simple networking of the controllers and simple data exchange with the operations management level.
- The narrow module width results in a compact controller design or a small control cabinet.
- The ability to integrate powerful CPUs with industrial Ethernet/PROFINET interface, integrated technological functions, or fail-safe designs make additional investments unnecessary.
Range of application
- The S7-300 is particularly suitable for tasks requiring fast counting/measuring with direct access to the hardware counters.
- For applications where a high degree of ruggedness is required.
- The S7-300 is preferably used for automation tasks requiring a flexible concept and a centralized/distributed configuration.
- PID control with integral function block
Particularly in the finishing technique the S7-300 is used in the following industries:
- Automobile industry
- General of special machines
- Building of special machines
- Series mechanical engineering, OEM
- Plastics processing
- Packaging industry
- Food and Beverage industry
- Process engineering
- Fast counting/fairs with direct access on the hardware counters
- Simply positioning with direct control the MICROMASTER frequency static frequency changers
- PID-Regulation with integrated functional module